Your Artist Page
Your artist page is where visitors can read about you and the ongoing development of your textile art practice. It is therefore important to keep all information current to avoid your artist page becoming stale. Please review your page on a regular basis.
Artist Page Elements
This takes the form of a short summary of about 60 words for your ‘profile’ and then a more expansive version of up to 400 words about your practice.
Sending Your Profile Text
Please send your profile text as a Microsoft Word or Apple Pages document to email@example.com . You can also type your text directly (or copy and paste) into the body of an e-mail. Please include your full name on all documents.
Artist Details Panel
Please review the current information shown in the Artist Details panel on your artist page.
- Email Address
This can be useful if you are available for teaching workshops, giving talks or work commissions.
If you have a dedicated website you can link to it here.
- Curriculum Vitae
This link allows visitors to view and download a PDF copy of your c.v.
City/Town and Country
This will be added, no information required unless asked for.
- Member Since
This will be added.
– Workshops [Yes/No]
– Talks [Yes/No]
– Commissions [Yes/No]
Sending Artist Details
Details Panel Example
It is important to ensure that the images being shown on your page do your work justice – you are visual artists after all! So it’s worth taking a bit of time to choose well focused, good quality photographs.
1. Please send images for your page as either large JPEG or TIF files with a minimum width of 1200px and a resolution of no less than 72dpi.
If you are not confident in editing your images using software like Photoshop, don’t worry, send me your files as they are. Just remember, the bigger the better!
2. Please name image files for your artist page as follows:
your firstname-surname-1.jpg , your firstname-surname-2.jpg , etc.
You may now have up to 10 images.
3. Please send a list of all the images you are sending and include Work Title, date, materials used, techniques, and image credits.
Sending Your Images
There are two ways to send your images for inclusion on your artist page.
1. By Email: This is probably the easiest way depending on the attachment size limit set by your email service provider. You may need to send several emails to get all the images over but that’s fine by me. Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. By using WeTransfer: (My preferred method) This service offers a convenient and cost-free, secure way of sending larger files (up to 2GB in total) over the internet. Go to wetransfer.com (make sure that you are on the free service option) and add the files you wish to send from your computer.
In the Friends email field type email@example.com and you will also need to add your own email address in the field underneath. There’s even space to send me a message if you feel the need to. Make sure that all the files you wish to send listed in the form panel and click on Transfer to start the upload. Once the transfer is complete I will receive a notification email and a link to download files. Oh and by the way, you will also be notified when I’ve received them.
If you have any queries on updating your artist page, please do not hesitate to get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org